Monday, March 5, 2018

A Bright Coat For Spring

 photo IMG_7064 copy_zpscqztonfg.jpg
 photo IMG_7065 copy_zpspwv4k1mo.jpg
 photo IMG_7066 copy_zpsohlpmbsu.jpg
 photo IMG_7070 copy_zpszkvvpnjv.jpg
 photo IMG_7067 copy_zpshpa0kylb.jpg
 photo IMG_7071 copy_zpsvmjqucsq.jpg
 photo IMG_7068 copy_zps9lr2ders.jpg

This vintage coat was one of the first things I thrifted when we moved to Pittsburgh back in 2011. It's served me well over the years, quickly becoming one of the most versatile pieces in my closet. Regardless of time of year (well, except for summer), it always adds the perfect pop of color when I need it to. Spring is, surprisingly, in the air here (you know, with the exception of the foot of show they're calling for on Thursday). Something a bit unexpected considering A: it's Maine and B: We spent December and half of January in a deep freeze. It certainly wasn't the winter we were expecting, which makes me all the more ready for warmer temps. I've been adding pops of color here and there to get in a spring mood, and a bright coat is the perfect way to jazz up an otherwise basic outfit of Levi's, a black sweater, and classic chelsea boots (aka - my uniform). Add a vintage fisherman's cap and in my opinion, you're good to go.

For the first couple of weeks after our move to Portland, we only had a few bags of clothing. Pretty much wearing whatever we could find on the floor, which is sort of where this outfit came from (besides just being another version of what I wear all the time). Uniforms may seem boring, but when you need to just get up and go, they're a fast-track to getting out of the house on time.